Politics, in theory, is a form of negotiation. It implies groups of people want different things. The Third Option is calling bullshit on that notion: we contend that every American citizen wants the equal opportunity to pursue life, liberty, and happiness. We believe that these goals are well within the scope of government to provide, and that people do not expect government owes them anything more than this; neither do they expect to get any of this handed to them for free.
The Third Option simply wishes to bypass ‘politics’ for a moment, and do a little maintenance and repair work on our government. Some of the infrastructure is getting a little rickety. The ‘Operating System’ needs an upgrade from analog (circa 1776) to digital (2022). While we are refurbishing things, we would make sure to follow the original blueprint laid down by the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution all those years ago. After that, it would be back to business as usual. If this sounds acceptable to you, perhaps you would like to join us.
STEP ONE: FORM A TEAM
- We need 51 State Supervisors (All States plus Washington DC)
- We need each State Supervisor to choose an Assistant (and a staff of volunteers if necessary)
- We need 435 Districts Managers
- We need each District Manager to choose:
- One Congressional District Representative Candidate to run on the ballot for 2024 (unless the incumbent chooses to join forces with us).
- Seven Community Organizers, one to head each 100,000+ population within their District.
- We need each Community Organizer to choose as many volunteers as they see fit, in order to gather signatures for their District’s Representative in Congress, plus signatures for two Senators and one National Candidate.
- We will likely need a volunteer Web Designer on each Community Team, to build a Community Website.
- We need a National Candidate and Vice President [chosen by Third Option Executive Team]
- We need approximately 33 Senatorial Candidates on the ballot for 2024
- We need 435 District Representative Candidates on the ballot for 2020.
- Overall, we will need over 860,000 signatures from across the U.S.
Once a Community Website is established in all 435 Districts, community members could begin to make a Wishlist of essential needs the Third Option plan could provide: Community Centers, affordable housing, school upgrades, health care facilities, small business loans, transportation repairs, communication and other utilities, etc. Community planning does not have to wait for a vote and would probably create some impetus for this change to happen.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
Nobody is getting paid. If you wish to get paid [or paid off], try one of the other parties. We are, however, looking to get things done. If you do not want to get anything done, again, try one of the other parties. We are attempting to show that political organization can be accomplished devoid of monetary influence (which is a nod to Ben Franklin).
WHAT LOOKS GOOD ON YOUR RESUME
We are not looking for politicians to fill these positions. Instead, we prefer experts in all subjects having to do with our essential needs. Knowledge in any of the following fields makes you uniquely qualified to lead us forward:
- Agriculture: Regenerative / Vertical techniques, Urban Agriculture, Hemp Production, Regenerative Fishing, Meat Alternatives
- Banking: Business Advisor, Loan Officer, Accountants
- Carbon Footprint: Recyclable Plastic, Methane Capture & Conversion, Omni-processing, Waste Management
- Community: Zoning Ordinance, Urban Mixed-Use Development, Construction
- Education: Mentoring, Coaching, Child Development
- Energy: Green Energy, Nuclear Energy [SMRs, MSFRs, B & Bs]
- Engineers: Civil, Electrical, Materials, Mechanical, Chemical, Nuclear, Geological, Industrial, Architectural, Structural, Project, Environmental, Waste Management
- Health: Nurses, Medical Assistants, Physicians, Surgeons, Dentists, Dental Hygienists, Midwives, etc etc
- Housing: “Passive” Housing, Tiny Housing, Thermal Inertia Housing
- Law: Environmental, Legislative, Constitutional, Tax, Civil Rights, etc.
- Mental Health: Counselor, Psychologist, Social Worker, Physical Fitness
- Scientists: Geographer, Geologist, Ecologist, Hydrologist, Chemist, Biologist
- Sustainable Forestry, National Parks Conservation
- Technology: Communication, Computer, Cybersecurity, Database Architecture, Hardware and Software Engineering
- Transportation: Rechargeable Batteries, Hydrogen Fuel Production, Transportation on Rails, Roads, & Runways
- Water / Sewer Infrastructure
Do not be afraid to join in. We would not require you to speak about anything except your field of expertise. We are going to lead with our strengths. Allegedly, knowledge is power. Let’s prove that statement to be true. Translation: We are going to stop dumbing down the conversation. Instead, we’ll raise the conversation up so high that “Politics” cannot compete with it.
STEP TWO: ORGANIZING
What the Third Option will do:
- The Third Option would write up all the legislation necessary to implement an “8-year plan” —to establish a National Bank, draw up new tax laws, restructure the Federal Government, and begin building the necessary infrastructure.
- The Third Option would contact all current Senators and Representatives, in order to get a straight “yes” or “no” answer on whether they would back this legislation. NOTE: All “no” answers indicate candidates that need to be replaced with our own choice.
- The Third Option would let the leaders among us know that we are here, and ready to support them if they wish to step out in front and lead us, or get down in the trenches with us and fight, or give us some “press”, or simply offer us advice.
- The Third Option would help secure a website for every District, so Our Managers could begin to organize their Seven Communities (of 100,000+ population). The hope is that members within each Community would begin a dialog about how they would want their community to be ‘refurbished’. There is no harm in dreaming a little. Dreaming big is the only way that big things happen. Dreams add fuel to the fire within us, to keep us driving toward our goals.
THE JOURNEY FROM HERE TO THE EMERGING FUTURE: EIGHT YEAR PROPOSAL
Wouldn’t it be nice to wake up, and the future would just be here? Unfortunately, everything you see around you, good or bad, was forged by people prior to your arrival. When you think of it that way, you do need to have a little respect for how much work has been accomplished, regardless of how they may have chosen to do it. Now it is our turn. The baton has been handed off, and we need to take our lap around the track, before handing it off to the next generation. How will the future see Us? Are we the modern version of the Fall of the Roman Empire? The beginning of some new Medieval Era? Or are We ushering in the Second Age of Enlightenment?
There is a long list of what would need to be done in order to succeed. If it was easy, someone else would have done it already. Once you decide something is worth the effort, the rest is easy; just grind it out.
To have a “puncher’s chance” at winning, we would need to get a presidential candidate on the ballot in every state. We would also need to have 33 senators on the ballot, and a Representative in every District (up to 435).
Easy is boring. There is no glory in winning something easy. Luckily, this may be the most challenging thing anyone has ever done; imagine how amazing this will feel when we finally accomplish it.